“We partner with large corporations to de-risk the process of creating new future-proof business models that have the potential to contribute significantly to group profits within 5-7 years.”
Drive Growth Faster and With Less Risk
The venture building process allows you to quickly explore, exploit, and own new strategic areas of growth that sit outside your core business competencies. These are areas where new entrants and competition will emerge.
Launch new brands, target new customer segments, enter new markets, monetise data assets, and create new revenue streams. Take advantage of new technologies, channels, changes in customer behaviour, or regulatory developments by launching new disruptive business models.
When the time comes to leverage your competitive advantage, these ventures are ready to be integrated into your core business and be part of your group portfolio.
De-risk the process of creating new non-core business
Since 2007 we’ve built 52 ventures, generating more than 50% IRR with 9 successful exits to date.
We don’t ask for any consulting fees. We make money together, or if the venture does not succeed, we both lose.
We co-invest significant amounts from conception, right through to scale ensuring we have meaningful ‘skin in the game’ and that we’re truly aligned on incentives.
Each venture has its own board, without the shackles of corporate governance, ensuring that each venture is in the best shape possible to get new ideas growing quickly.
We source exceptional entrepreneurial talent and construct high-functioning venture teams. All our CEOs & CTOs have prior venture-backed startup experience.
How we work with you
We explore, exploit and own new strategic areas of growth which sit outside your core business competencies
Explore and validate if an idea is a suitable investment opportunity.
Launch and rapidly iterate towards a repeatable scalable business model.
Grow fast. Constantly adapting to market input, build a thriving business.
Integrate and leverage the full scale -strengths of the parent organisation
Partnering with us
- Co-create valueWe believe the best results are achieved when we work together throughout a process, leveraging the best of both organisations. We do not like supplier-buyer relationships. We want to work together with large companies as partners.
- Focus on tangible resultsWe’re not in the game of innovation theatre – we focus on creating tangible business results.
- Shared risk and rewardsWe believe in having aligned interests and sharing risks and rewards. We make this real by offering to re-invest a significant portion of fees into the next phase of pursuing opportunities identified.
Do you want to know more about our venture building approach?
Partner with us
- “When we introduce digital processes in Tryg, we do it on top of our core insurance business which has existed for many years. If we try and innovate ourselves, the risk of doing more of the same is too big.”
Meet our Team
We’re a diverse, international team, drawn from a range of backgrounds and professional disciplines. We bring a wide range of skills and interests to the work, and we share a love of seeing others develop and grow; both personally, and professionally.
- Alexandra KampmannAssociate Partner, Nordics
- Andres FontaoFinnovista Co-Founder & Rainmaking Partner, LATAM
- Colin AllisonAssociate Partner, APAC
- Fermin BuenoFinnovista Co-Founder & Rainmaking Partner, LATAM
- Ida Alder OlsenAssociate Partner, Nordics
- Jordan SchlipfFounder & CEO, Rainmaking Venture Studio UK
- Kasper VardrupFounder & CEO, Rainmaking Venture Studio Nordics
- Mats StigzeliusPartner & CIO, Rainmaking Venture Studio UK
- Michael PomerleauPartner & Co-Founder, Motion Ventures
- Nicklas Viby FursundPartner & Co-Founder, Motion Ventures
- Samuel HallPartner, APAC, Rainmaking
- Virginie HelloAssociate Partner, APAC
Events, news, and insights
- The Future of Money, Finance and BankingNews, Press ReleaseApril 13, 2023