Accelerating the development of smart cities
“We team up with leading corporations and entrepreneurs to support the development of smart city innovations and redefine our future.”
Today’s Challenges and Opportunities
By 2050, 68% of the globe will be living in cities. Together we could help solve humanity’s greatest challenges including overcrowding, aging population, and environmental degradation.
- 55% of the world’s population currently lives in urban areasThis number is expected to increase rapidly by 2050, especially in population dense areas such as Asia. Cities are turning to smart technology to tackle some of the more prominent issues and address sustainability.
- Leading the chance on healthy and sustainable buildingsHow can large corporations collaborate effectively with smaller, agile organisations to discover and explore concepts and prototypes that help accelerate the development of sustainable buildings and communities?
- New resource implementation holds back the development of smart cities.Smart city initiatives that are struggling or have failed are often overly focused on the technology instead of providing practical solutions. Building an initiative that brings benefit back to a city, the people and business is a key focus of smart cities to achieve success.
How we work with you
We partner with corporations to develop a balanced portfolio of innovations – from cost-cutting solutions to generating new revenue and building non-core business models.
- Navigate uncertainty in fast-evolving markets to map the future of businessWe work with our clients to build a clear view of fast-evolving markets so that we can identify the opportunities they’re best positioned to own.
- Solve key business problems with the world’s most innovative startupsWe facilitate collaboration between startups and large organisations to deliver real value, faster than either party can achieve on their own.
- Unlock new ideas and future growth at the heart of your organisationWe leverage a mix of robust methodologies, practices, and governance for entrepreneurship to thrive within large organisations, delivering transformative new growth.
- Develop new, future-proof business models outside of your core businessWe partner with corporations to de-risk the process of creating new future-proof business models that have the potential to contribute significantly to group profits within 5-7 years.
Do you want to know more about each service?
Our partners are discovering new ways to interpret trends, partner with new market entrants, and build the products, services and business models that meet the evolving needs of customers.
Meet our Team
We’re a diverse, international team, drawn from a range of backgrounds and professional disciplines. We bring a wide range of skills and interests to the work, and we share a love of seeing others develop and grow; both personally, and professionally.
- Chris LockePartner & CEO of UK, Rainmaking
- Peter BraddManaging Director, Australia and New Zealand
- Joshua FlanneryManaging Director, Japan
- Michael AmbjørnManaging Director Urbantech