Rainmaking is announcing a new masterclass series on how and why innovation should be leveraged to meet pressing sustainability challenges and opportunities.
This is the third of the four-part series that marks the publication of the SDG Compass visualisation tool – this time with a focus on Affordable and Clean Energy (UN SDG 7). Renewable energies make up only 17% of total energy consumption, but energy is the dominant contributor to climate change, accounting for around 60 per cent of total global greenhouse gas emissions (UN).
In this panel talk we will be speaking to industry leaders and innovators about their predictions for the future of a world where clean energy and sustainability is at the forefront, as well as hearing about their sustainability strategy and key learnings in how to truly make a difference in the next ten years, towards 2030.
Key topics of discussion
- Why current innovation efforts is failing to meet the Sustainable Development Goals
- Business models and emerging technologies that are driving the change towards Affordable and Clean Energy
- Where do you start as a practitioner, and what does an effective sustainability strategy look like?
- Alex FarcetPartner, NordicsRainmakingAlex Farcet is a co-founder and Partner of Rainmaking, a global innovation and venture building firm working with large organisations and startups to drive innovation. He is also the co-founder of Startupbootcamp, a global network of industry-focused accelerators with more than 850 startup alumni. Alex started his career working for an early internet startup in Silicon Valley then spent a decade working with DHL and Deutsche Post in both global headquarters and line management roles. Alex is a French citizen, was born in Spain, grew up in Africa, and is married to a Dane with whom he created two red-headed Trolls.
- Annika RamsköldVice President, SustainabilityVattenfallAnnika Ramsköld, Vice President of Vattenfall’s Corporate Sustainability department since January 1 st 2014. Main task for unit is to coordinate the strategy work related to sustainability within the company on all levels, including target setting, monitoring progress, consolidated sustainability reporting and running stakeholder dialogue, Annika Ramsköld has worked in Vattenfall for close to 30 years with a wide range of assignments from R&D and business development to sales, trading, marketing and strategy. Her more recent positions are as VP Market Strategy and Business Development, VP CEO Office. She is chairman of the Joint Venture “Volvo Vattenfall Plug-in-hybrid company” and Gasnätet Stockholm, and a board member of CSR Sweden, Klimatum and Distriktstandvården.
- Jeppe Wang HjørngaardSenior Specialist, Business InnovationVestasJeppe Hjørngaard is Senior Specialist with Vestas Ventures, the corporate VC arm of Vestas Wind Systems. Jeppe works with deal origination, strategic fit evaluation and venture development of Vestas Ventures portfolio companies. He has worked in Vestas since 2011, holding positions in Finance, Product Management and Business Innovation. With a strong internal network in the Vestas organization and a great knowledge of the renewable energy industry, Jeppe can quickly assess the synergies between promising cleantech startups and Vestas’ long term corporate strategy.
- Uli HuenerHead of Innovation ManagementEnBWUli Huener is the Head of Innovation at EnBW and previously served as the CEO of Yello Strom GmbH, a German electricity provider supplier based in Cologne. Uli has held various senior management positions with firms in the IT and telecommunications sector in Germany as well as in the US, overall holding over 25 years of international experience in various management positions in the IT and telecommunications industry – from start-ups to large corporations.