Rainmaking is announcing a new masterclass series on how and why innovation should be leveraged to meet pressing sustainability challenges and opportunities.
This is the second of the four-part series that marks the publication of the SDG Compass visualisation tool – this time with a focus on Responsible Consumption and Production (UN SDG 12).
The UN Sustainable Development Goals represent both an obligation and an opportunity. Not only does pursuing these goals make sense for society and the planet but sustainability is estimated to be worth hundreds of billions in untapped opportunities. Yet in many cases sustainability has been a side effort parked under the CSR umbrella.
We will have a panel of industry leaders and innovators who are frontrunners in circularity and have implemented some innovative approaches to move from a linear to a circular value chain throughout their production and manufacturing, as well as addressing consumption in a responsible manner.
Key topics of discussion
- Insights and learnings from the SDG Compass with a focus on SDG 12
- Why current innovation efforts is failing to meet the Sustainable Development Goals
- Business models, value drivers and technologies driving circular innovation
- How can large organisation accelerate their sustainable innovation activity
- Why industries must work together horizontally and vertically to transition to the circular economy
- Alex FarcetPartner, NordicsRainmakingAlex Farcet is a co-founder and Partner of Rainmaking, a global innovation and venture building firm working with large organisations and startups to drive innovation. He is also the co-founder of Startupbootcamp, a global network of industry-focused accelerators with more than 850 startup alumni. Alex started his career working for an early internet startup in Silicon Valley then spent a decade working with DHL and Deutsche Post in both global headquarters and line management roles. Alex is a French citizen, was born in Spain, grew up in Africa, and is married to a Dane with whom he created two red-headed Trolls.
- Roy VercoulenRoy is the founder and CEO of Circular IQ, a SaaS startup that offers a variety of circularity programs through their digital platform. The platform and programs are used by businesses and governments’ that want to lead the transition towards the circular economy. Circular IQ helps organizations anchor and activate their circularity (through data analysis and reporting) and generate large-scale change in their ecosystem – including internal and external stakeholders. Roy is a circular economy pioneer and has set-up C2C Certified’s European activities as their VP and head of European operation. He set-up C2C ExpoLAB foundation and was responsible for the city of Venlo’s sustainability strategy before that. Roy lives in Belgium and holds an MSc. In Public Policy and Politics.
- Lauren BartleyLauren Bartley is Head of Sustainability & CSR at Danish fashion brand GANNI. Prior to GANNI, Lauren spent eight years at UK based brands Oasis and Warehouse fashion before moving into organic cosmetics and textiles at UK based Certification body Soil Association. Lauren was voted in the Top 25 personalities working in Organic cosmetics in 2016 and 2017. Lauren is now responsible for the inception, development and implementation of GANNI’s Sustainability & CSR strategy, latterly known as the Responsibility Gameplan, comprising of 44 goals across People, Planet, Product and Prosperity.